Thursday, February 9, 2012

finished now


This is a series of photographs over a couple of weeks of a painting I think I'll title "I'm just wasting away wondering if I'll always love you" (lyrics from a Richard Buckner song). I think it gets pretty close to that tenuous feeling I'm trying to get at--a "feeling" that if put into words could have synonyms--but because it's a visual event it can have no synonyms--I'll never be able to perfectly express that feeling--but I'll get close sometimes--and what I think of as that feeling will change over time --can't help that. Soutine said every painting was trying to get the scream out that he felt at the base of his throat. The feeling im after isn't quite as dramatic maybe--but I know what he means. Love that guy.













No comments:

Post a Comment